May 25, 2019 - THINGS GET MAGICAL!
Whether you’ve never done anything quite like this - or if you are a Sky Lantern pro, this info pack contains all the details you need to make sure you have the most magical day of your life. We are expecting a large amount of people, so please read this packet in its entirety to help things run more efficiently.
Outside drinks and food are welcome, but alcohol is not permitted. All coolers will be checked when entering our event.
*Please keep in mind that these options are subject to change*
Policies and Rules
THE LIGHTS FEST RULES:
1. Follow all rules and instructions from the online-waiver.
2. No lighting the lanterns before it is time.
3. One strike, you are out. No exceptions.
4. No taking or moving tiki torches from their original spot.
5. No children under 13 can light lanterns.
6. 13-17 year old's need parent supervision when lighting a lantern.
7. No outside lanterns. Our lanterns are event lanterns and are designed with safety in mind.
8. Please pick up all garbage at the festival. Garbage cans will be place throughout the festival area.
9. No outside lighters, matches and weapons of any kind.
10. We love your pets! However, they’re not allowed at the event. We do make exceptions for service animals. Keep in Mind that loud music and the possibility of fireworks may provide an uncomfortable atmosphere for your service animal. Please keep them on a leash.
11. Please leave grills and BBQs at home.
12. Umbrellas, small canopies, and low-to-the-ground sun shades are okay, but for safety reasons we ask participants to leave large tents and canopies at home.
Safety and online-waiver: Each participant has signed our online-waiver at checkout.
You warrant and represent by attending the event that you have been notified about the rules and waivers and that you agree to be bound by them - and that you may be personally liable for violating the rules.
Schedule of Festivities
Lantern Launch, weather, and approval to launch
SCHEDULE OF FESTIVITIES:
The Lights Fest is Saturday, May 25th.
First parking arrival time will begin at 4:00 PM and closes at 7:00 PM. Check-in is where participants will receive their lanterns. Other swag will be available for purchase while entering our festival area.
Check-in gates will close at 7:00 pm. Our event will house several thousand participants. The lantern launch will be no earlier than 8:15 PM. The launch of the lanterns is 100% dependent on the weather and fire team approval. While the launch is anticipated to happen shortly after sunset, it could be any time after due to waiting for the approval.
We’ll have music and some dancing. Food options will be there to satisfy your hunger, you are welcome to bring food and water as well. Alcohol is not permitted. Several other vendors will also be selling other items.
Once it gets dark, and we get the approval, we will begin the Sky Lantern Launch. We will give a brief description on stage of how to light off a lantern. We will do a quick countdown to launch the lanterns all together. After you have set your lantern to the sky, the festival will continue to play music.
Please keep in mind that times are subject to change.
*Please note that the actual time of the entertainment and charity announcements can change.
**Please note that the actual time of the lantern launch will be based on when it is dark and the fire marshal give us the go-ahead to launch.