May 29, 2021- THINGS GET MAGICAL!
Whether you’ve never done anything quite like this - or if you are a Sky Lantern pro, this info pack contains all the details you need to make sure you have the most magical day of your life. We are expecting a large amount of people, so please read this packet in its entirety to help things run more efficiently.
Social Distancing and Safety Measures:
• All Lights Fest staff will be wearing masks when interacting with participants. If you wish to wear a mask, please be sure to bring your own.
• To ensure that social distancing guidelines can be followed, only a limited number of participants will be able to attend.
• The tiki torches in the launch zone will be more spread out so each group of participants can stay 6 feet apart.
• There will be an overflow area for people who prefer to sit away from the main crowd and watch the lanterns go up. Then, as participants leave and the crowd size in the lantern lighting/launching area starts to get smaller, those in the overflow area can feel free to come light their lanterns when they’re ready.
Policies and Rules
THE LIGHTS FEST RULES:
1. Follow all rules and instructions from the online-waiver.
2. No lighting the lanterns before it is time.
3. One strike, you are out. No exceptions.
4. No taking or moving tiki torches from their original spot.
5. No children under 13 can light lanterns.
6. 13-17 year old's need parent supervision when lighting a lantern.
7. No outside lanterns. Our lanterns are event lanterns and are designed with safety in mind.
8. Please pick up all garbage at the festival. Garbage cans will be place throughout the festival area.
9. No outside lighters, matches and weapons of any kind.
Safety and online-waiver: Each participant has signed our online-waiver at checkout.
You warrant and represent by attending the event that you have been notified about the rules and waivers and that you agree to be bound by them - and that you may be personally liable for violating the rules.
Schedule of Festivities
Lantern Launch, weather, and approval to launch
SCHEDULE OF FESTIVITIES:
The Lights Fest is Saturday, May 29th
Gates will open at 4:00 PM and closes at 7:00 PM. Check-in is where participants will receive their lanterns and Swag bag. Other swag will be available for purchase while entering our festival area.
Check-in gates will close at 7:00 PM. Our event will house several thousand participants. You’ll want to make sure you get to the venue early, this will help to minimize traffic and long lines. The lantern launch will be no earlier than 8:00 PM. The launch of the lanterns is 100% dependent on the weather and fire team approval. While the launch is anticipated to happen shortly after sunset, it could be any time after due to waiting for the approval.
We’ll have music and some dancing. Food options will be there to satisfy your hunger, you are welcome to bring food and water as well. Alcohol is not permitted. Several other vendors will also be selling other items.
Once it gets dark, and we get the approval, we will begin the Sky Lantern Launch. We will give a brief description on stage of how to light off a lantern. We will do a quick countdown to launch the lanterns all together. After you have set your lantern to the sky, the festival will continue to play music.
Please keep in mind that times are subject to change.
*Please note that the actual time of the entertainment and announcements can change.
**Please note that the actual time of the lantern launch will be based on when it is dark and the fire marshal give us the go-ahead to launch.